Florida's recap – Highlights from around the state – July 26th
Bottom Line: Your daily recap of the some of the biggest news from around the state that impacts you in South Florida.
- Palm Beach County Sheriff Ric Bradshaw’s internal investigation into the handling of Jeffrey Epstein during his work release time has resulted in a criminal investigation implying there may have been improper conduct during that time. No further information is available currently.
- Governor DeSantis fired Ronald Rubin, Florida’s head for the Office of Financial Regulation, after allegations of sexual misconduct and potential sexual harassment
- The Ultra Music Festival is moving back to Bayfront Park after a 3-2 city commission vote
- An initial win for the former MDX team in court. A Leon County court judge dismissed the state’s attempt to throw out the lawsuit challenging Florida’s abolishing of the MDX.
- The US Department of Transportation officially awarded $90 million to Cape Canaveral to replace the Indian River Lagoon Bridge and $8 million for the Seaboard Marine Terminal at Port Miami