Part 1: The Real America: America's view of the President's speech:
Bottom Line: The President clearly had his finest moment as President Tuesday night. According to the polling taken post speech here's the view of the speech by those who watched it:
- CNN: 68% positive 21% negative
- CBS: 76% positive 24% negative
AVG: 72% to 23% negative +49% net
With regard to specific issues addressed by the President:
- Economy: 72% said Trump's proposals were right for the US.
- Terrorism: 70% of viewers agreed to the same question on the issue.
- Taxes: 64% of people who watched had a positive reaction to Trump's comments.
- Immigration: 62% of viewers agreed with the president's agenda.
- Healthcare: 61% of viewers polled said Trump's remarks were on point.
So there is overwhelming support being articulated for the President's agenda among those who view the address. That's consistent with what we'd previously seen in polling previously (Trump policy has consistently polled higher than Trump personally).
The improvement is measurable. Here's the post-Inaugural address polling:
51% positive 41% negative: +10%
That's a 39% improvement...