Tracking Trump for 3-28-17: What the President did this yesterday
Bottom Line: The Trump administration had 25 executive orders (23 still intact) and a Supreme Court Nominee to show for his Presidency through Sunday. Here's what's happened since:
The President's tweets included:
- Why isn't the House Intelligence Committee looking into the Bill & Hillary deal that allowed big Uranium to go to Russia, Russian speech....
- ..money to Bill, the Hillary Russian "reset," praise of Russia by Hillary, or Podesta Russian Company. Trump Russia story is a hoax. #MAGA!
- The Republican House Freedom Caucus was able to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory. After so many bad years they were ready for a win!
- The Democrats will make a deal with me on healthcare as soon as ObamaCare folds - not long. Do not worry, we are in very good shape!
In non-tweet releated news...
- Met with Vice President Mike Pence and Secretary of State Rex Tillerson
- Held a roundtable with women small business owners
- Signed the Congressional Review Act into law - Quoting Speaker Ryan:
“Today is a good day for American jobs. Over the past two months, Congress passed a series of important bills that roll back harmful, Obama-era regulations and today, thanks to President Trump, those bills are now law. From reforming our education system to properly managing our nation’s resources, our Congressional Review Act legislation empowers states over the federal government. This will free up innovation and create jobs in the private sector. We will continue to reverse bad regulations and stand up for the American workforce.”
- The Justice Department warned on the enforcement of withholding funding from sanctuary cities
- Senate Democrats used a rule to delay the committee vote to advance a vote on SCOTUS nominee Neil Gorsuch by a week