Tracking Trump for 4-28-17 - What the President did yesterday:
Bottom Line: The Trump administration had 37 executive actions (35 still intact) and a Supreme Court Justice to show for his Presidency through Wednesday. Here's what's happened since:
- I received calls from the President of Mexico and the Prime Minister of Canada asking to renegotiate NAFTA rather than terminate. I agreed.....subject to the fact that if we do not reach a fair deal for all, we will then terminate NAFTA. Relationships are good-deal very possible!
- The Democrats want to shut government if we don't bail out Puerto Rico and give billions to their insurance companies for OCare failure. NO!
- I want to help our miners while the Democrats are blocking their healthcare.
- I promise to rebuild our military and secure our border. Democrats want to shut down the government. Politics!
- What's more important? Rebuilding our military - or bailing out insurance companies? Ask the Democrats.
- Democrats jeopardizing the safety of our troops to bail out their donors from insurance companies. It is time to put #AmericaFirst
- Democrats used to support border security — now they want illegals to pour through our borders.
- As families prepare for summer vacations in our National Parks - Democrats threaten to close them and shut down the government. Terrible!
In non-tweet related activity:
- Met with the Argentinean President
- Signed this executive memo:
MEMORANDUM FOR THE SECRETARY OF COMMERCE
SUBJECT: Aluminum Imports and Threats to National Security - This calls on the Commerce department to investigate the "dumping" of foreign aluminum into the US and the potential impact on national security as a result (potentially inferior product & the impact of not having US companies available to produce for our military due to the economics of cheap imported aluminum)