Part 2 - Tracking Trump for 5-1-17 - What the President did this weekend:
Bottom Line: The Trump administration had 78 total executive actions and a Supreme Court Justice to show for his Presidency through . Here's what's happened since:
In non-Tweet related activity:
- The President spoke at the annual NRA conference in Atlanta (becoming the first President to do so since Reagan)
- Signed this executive order - IMPLEMENTING AN AMERICA-FIRST OFFSHORE ENERGY STRATEGY: Findings. America must put the energy needs of American families and businesses first and continue implementing a plan that ensures energy security and economic vitality for decades to come. Policy. It shall be the policy of the United States to encourage energy exploration and production, including on the Outer Continental Shelf, in order to maintain the Nation's position as a global energy leader and foster energy security and resilience for the benefit of the American people, while ensuring that any such activity is safe and environmentally responsible. Within 180 days of the date of this order, the Secretary of Commerce, in consultation with the Secretary of Defense and the Secretary of the Interior, shall report the results of the review under this subsection to the Director of the Office of Management and Budget, the Chairman of the Council on Environmental Quality, and the Assistant to the President for Economic Policy.
- Signed executive order on the Establishment of Office of Trade and Manufacturing Policy.
- The President hosted a "100 Days " rally opposite the White House corespondent's dinner Saturday night in Harrisburg, PA.
- It was announced the US will setup an Thaad missile system in South Korea
- Was interviewed by Martha Macullum on Fox News and Face the Nation (CBS)