Tracking Trump for 5-3-17 - What the President did yesterday:
Bottom Line: The Trump administration had 81 total executive actions and a Supreme Court Justice to show for his Presidency through Monday. Here's what's happened since:
The Presidential Tweets:
- The reason for the plan negotiated between the Republicans and Democrats is that we need 60 votes in the Senate which are not there! We....either elect more Republican Senators in 2018 or change the rules now to 51%. Our country needs a good "shutdown" in September to fix mess!
- Congratulations to the winners of the Commander-in-Chief's Trophy, the great Air Force Falcons! Watch: 45.wh.gov/g7r7ei
- FBI Director Comey was the best thing that ever happened to Hillary Clinton in that he gave her a free pass for many bad deeds! The phony......Trump/Russia story was an excuse used by the Democrats as justification for losing the election. Perhaps Trump just ran a great campaign?
Non-Tweet related activity:
- Participated in the Commander-in-Chief trophy presentation to the Air Force
- Spoke defending the budget deal, including increases for defense and border security
- Spoke with Russian President Valdamir Putin in initial talks to attempt to negotiate a cease fire in Syria