Tracking Trump for 5-12-17 - What the President did yesterday:
Bottom Line: The Trump administration had 88 total executive actions and a Supreme Court Justice to show for his Presidency through Wednesday. Here's what's happened since:
- 'Presidential Executive Order on Strengthening the Cybersecurity of Federal Networks and Critical Infrastructure'
- 'Presidential Executive Order on the Establishment of Presidential Advisory Commission on Election Integrity'
We finally agree on something Rosie.
Donald J. Trump added,ROSIEVerified account @RosieReplying to @pricklyeater @brianefallon- FIRE COMEY13,973 replies35,073 retweets95,258 likesReply 14K Retweet 35K
- Russia must be laughing up their sleeves watching as the U.S. tears itself apart over a Democrat EXCUSE for losing the election.
- Yesterday, on the same day- I had meetings with Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov and the FM of Ukraine, Pavlo Klimkin.#LetsMakePeace!
In non-tweet related activity:
- Signed this executive order: STRENGTHENING THE CYBERSECURITY OF FEDERAL NETWORKS AND CRITICAL INFRASTRUCTURE - The executive branch operates its information technology (IT) on behalf of the American people. Its IT and data should be secured responsibly using all United States Government capabilities. The President will hold heads of executive departments and agencies (agency heads) accountable for managing cybersecurity risk to their enterprises. In addition, because risk management decisions made by agency heads can affect the risk to the executive branch as a whole, and to national security, it is also the policy of the United States to manage cybersecurity risk as an executive branch enterprise
- Singed this executive order: ESTABLISHMENT OF PRESIDENTIAL ADVISORY COMMISSION ON ELECTION INTEGRITY -
The Presidential Advisory Commission on Election Integrity (Commission) is hereby established.
The Vice President shall chair the Commission, which shall be composed of not more than 15 additional members. The President shall appoint the additional members, who shall include individuals with knowledge and experience in elections, election management, election fraud detection, and voter integrity efforts, and any other individuals with knowledge or experience that the President determines to be of value to the Commission. The Vice President may select a Vice Chair of the Commission from among the members appointed by the President. - This is the order that initiates an investigation into election integrity and alleged voter fraud
Interview with NBC's Lester Holt...