Tracking Trump for 5-22-17 - What the President did this weekend:
Bottom Line: The Trump administration had 95 total executive actions and a Supreme Court Justice to show for his Presidency through Friday morning. Here's what's happened since:
Presidential Tweets: Getting ready for my big foreign trip. Will be strongly protecting American interests - that's what I like to do!
- Great to be in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia. Looking forward to the afternoon and evening ahead.#POTUSAbroad
- Thank you to the BRAVE servicemen & women who have served, and continue to serve the United States- our true HEROES! #ArmedForcesDay
- Speech transcript at Arab Islamic American Summitfacebook.com/DonaldTrump/po…#RiyadhSummit#POTUSAbroad
In non-tweet related activity:
Before leaving for his first foreign trip the President he signed a series of proclamations:
- President Donald J. Trump Proclaims the Third Saturday of Each May as Armed Forces Day: For almost 70 years, our Nation has set aside one day to recognize the great debt we owe to the men and women who serve in the Army, Navy, Air Force, Marine Corps, and Coast Guard. On Armed Forces Day, we salute the bravery of those who defend our Nation's peace and security. Their service defends for Americans the freedom that all people deserve.
- President Donald J. Trump Proclaims May 22, 2017, as National Maritime Day: On National Maritime Day, we recognize the important role the United States Merchant Marine plays in supporting our commerce and national security. We honor the proud history of our merchant mariners and their important contributions in strengthening our economy.
- President Donald J. Trump Proclaims May 21 through May 27, 2017, as World Trade Week: Robust trade is critical to the economic strength of our country. During World Trade Week, we recognize the power of open markets around the world and celebrate the many benefits that fair international commerce can bring to our Nation. We also highlight the importance of expanded trade to our economic growth, and we commit to breaking down trade barriers and opening new markets for American exports.
- President Donald J. Trump Proclaims May 21 through May 27, 2017, as National Safe Boating Week: As Memorial Day approaches and our summer season arrives, it is important for Americans of all ages to learn about safety on the water. During National Safe Boating Week, the U.S. Coast Guard and its Federal, State, and local safe boating partners encourage all boaters to explore and enjoy America's beautiful waters responsibly.
- The President traveled to Saudi Arabia, held a series of meetings with Saudi leaders & signed a historic arms deal in which the United States, via American companies will supply Saudi Arabia with military equipment for $110 billion with future opportunities worth hundreds of billions more
- The President delivered remarks at the Arab Islamic American Summit