Tracking Trump for 5-31-17 - What the President did this yesterday
Bottom Line: The Trump administration had 99 total executive actions and a Supreme Court Justice to show for his Presidency through Tuesday morning. Here's what's happened since:
- We have a MASSIVE trade deficit with Germany, plus they pay FAR LESS than they should on NATO & military. Very bad for U.S. This will change
- Russian officials must be laughing at the U.S. & how a lame excuse for why the Dems lost the election has taken over the Fake News.
- The U.S. Senate should switch to 51 votes, immediately, and get Healthcare and TAX CUTS approved, fast and easy. Dems would do it, no doubt!
- Despite the constant negative press covfefe (this rather humorous tweet was sent around midnight and deleted at about 5 this morning with a subsequent tweet making fun of it - you can almost see him fall asleep while tweeting...)
In non-tweet related activity:
- President Trump had lunch with Vice President Pence
- Press Briefing with Press Secretary Sean Spicer
As an aside...When I was reviewing all of the Presidential doings today it stuck me that the last time Trump signed an executive order was on May 11th. The near record pace with which he had been signing them certainly has slowed to a halt and it happened well before the foreign trip. As I mentioned yesterday, we're likely to begin to see a series of reports ordered of various department heads with 90 to 120 windows for fact finding turned into additional action by the administration in the not-so-distant as we're coming up on a number of those deadlines...