Tracking Trump for July 11th - What the President has been up to...
Bottom Line: The Trump administration had 118 total executive actions and a Supreme Court Justice to show for his Presidency through Monday morning. Here's what's happened since:
The Trump Tweets:
- James Comey leaked CLASSIFIED INFORMATION to the media. That is so illegal!
- I cannot imagine that Congress would dare to leave Washington without a beautiful new HealthCare bill fully approved and ready to go!
- When I left Conference Room for short meetings with Japan and other countries, I asked Ivanka to hold seat. Very standard. Angela M agrees!
- If Chelsea Clinton were asked to hold the seat for her mother,as her mother gave our country away, the Fake News would say CHELSEA FOR PRES!
In non-tweet related activity:
- Had security briefings on the status of the progress being made against ISIS and issued this statement on the Liberation of Mosul from ISIS:
Today, Iraqi Security Forces, supported by the United States and the Global Coalition, liberated the city of Mosul from its long nightmare under the rule of ISIS. We congratulate Prime Minister Haider al-Abadi, the Iraqi Security Forces, and all Iraqis for their victory over terrorists who are the enemies of all civilized people.
We mourn the thousands of Iraqis brutally killed by ISIS and the millions of Iraqis who suffered at the hands of ISIS. We grieve with the Iraqi people for the loss of the heroic soldiers and Peshmerga who gave their lives to restore life to their country, and we honor their sacrifice. We in the United States and the Global Coalition are proud to stand with the Iraqi Security Forces and all those who made this moment of liberation possible.
We have made tremendous progress against ISIS – more in the past 6 months than in the years since ISIS became a major threat. The victory in Mosul, a city where ISIS once proclaimed its so-called “caliphate,” signals that its days in Iraq and Syria are numbered. We will continue to seek the total destruction of ISIS.
- President Trump also issued a statement on obstruction of government appointments to administration posts - he cited these stats:
Less than a month away from the August recess, the Senate has confirmed only 23 percent of President Trump’s 216 nominations. By the first August recess during President Obama’s first term, the Senate had confirmed 69 percent of his 454 nominations.