Tracking Trump for August 15th - What the President has been up to...
Bottom Line: The Trump administration had 131 total executive actions and a Supreme Court Justice to show for his Presidency through Monday morning. Here's what's happened since:
The Trump Tweets:
- Heading to Washington this morning. Much work to do. Focus on trade and military. #MAGA
- Luther Strange of the Great State of Alabama has my endorsement. He is strong on Border & Wall, the military, tax cuts & law enforcement.
- The Obstructionist Democrats have given us (or not fixed) some of the worst trade deals in World History. I am changing that fast!
- Now that Ken Frazier of Merck Pharma has resigned from President's Manufacturing Council,he will have more time to LOWER RIPOFF DRUG PRICES!
- .@Merck Pharma is a leader in higher & higher drug prices while at the same time taking jobs out of the U.S. Bring jobs back & LOWER PRICES!
- Big day in Washington, D.C., even though White House & Oval Office are being renovated. Great trade deals coming for American workers!
- Leaving for New York City and meetings on military purchases and trade.
- Made additional remarks on Charlottesville and realize once again that the #Fake News Media will never be satisfied...truly bad people!
- Feels good to be home after seven months, but the White House is very special, there is no place like it... and the U.S. is really my home!
In non-tweet related activity:
- Issued a Presidential memo on US Trade: It is the policy of the United States for our trade relations to enhance our economic growth, contribute favorably to our balance of trade, promote reciprocal treatment of American goods and investment, and strengthen the American manufacturing base.
- The VA Choice and Quality Employment Act of 2017 officially became law (this provided $2.1 billion in funding to allow for expanded Veterans healthcare choices outside of the VA)
- Made additional statements renouncing the violence in Charlottsville, Virginia over the weekend