The Palm Beach County Community Services Department is getting the word out about its CARES Act Coronavirus Relief Fund Rent and Utilities Assistance Program.
The program, which just launched on Friday, provides one-time rental and/or utility assistance to eligible Palm Beach County residents who have experienced loss of income, reduction in hours, or unemployment as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic.
The funds are for applicants who reside in apartments, houses, townhouses, or mobile homes.
Assistance will be provided only for past due rents and/or utilities.
The due dates must be after March 1st and before December 30th.
Here are more of the restrictions:
To be eligible for this assistance program applicants must:
· be a resident of Palm Beach County;
· provide documentation to prove loss of income, reduction in hours, or unemployment as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic;
· provide documentation to show they have applied or are receiving state or federal unemployment benefits;
· meet gross Area Median Income (AMI) limit not exceeding 140% AMI for the household;
· have a lease and other utilities in their name or a household member’s name;
· not have received any other financial assistance for rent and/or utilities for the period payment is requested;
· have less than $5,000 in liquid assets in checking, savings, and cash card balances;
Applications must be submitted through the CSD’s online portal. To apply, visit www.pbcgov.com/OSCARSS.
To learn more, visit www.pbcgov.com/communityservices.
Photo: Getty Images