More than 500 jobs are up for grabs on Wednesday during a job fair in West Palm Beach.
Around two dozen employers are taking part in the event at the Marriott at 1001 Okeechobee Boulevard from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. They include insurance companies Aflac, Colonial Life and New York Life, and other employers like Boca Raton Regional Hospital, G4S Security and Sherwin Williams.
Many of the employers will be hiring on the spot.
Job seekers can register early online, or at the door.
iHeartMedia is a co-sponsor of the job fair.
How to GET HIRED:
- Visit jobnewsusa.com before the event and pre-register (you can also do this at the door). On the site you will be able to view the event directory so you can see who's hiring and what jobs are available.
- Get a game plan and research companies of interest from the directory. Develop tailored resumes for the companies you want to apply with.
- Have a clear career focus. Be prepared with an answer to one of the first questions each recruiter is going to ask you: “So, why are you here?”.
- Sharpen and rehearse your elevator speech. Your elevator speech can be a great response to the typical interview question, “tell me about yourself”
- Prepare and practice responses to typical interview questions. “Tell me what you know about our organization” and “Why do you want to work here?”
- Sketch out a few questions to ask each recruiter.
- Dress professionally! Clean-cut, well-fitting, conservative. Bring breath mints!
- Make a good first and lasting impression! Wait patiently in line for your chance to chat with the recruiter and make sure you ask for their contact information before leaving.
- Jot down notes as soon as you are done with the recruiter and include these notes in your thank you email that you will send when you get home.
- Follow up!
- Make sure you arrange for child care the day of the event. You wouldn’t bring your child to an interview – don’t bring them to Career Fair. Career Fairs should be viewed as 30 interviews in one day!