If you know someone attending a Super Bowl party this weekend who may wind up in a tough situation,
AAA and Budweiser are once again holding their Tow to Go program this weekend. It amounts to a free tow and a ride home within a ten mile radius for anyone who has too much to drink.
The auto club stresses that this is to be used as a last resort and urge you to have a designated driver.
Tow to Go runs through 6 a.m. Monday.
Here are the particulars:
- Free confidential ride available to AAA Members and non-members
- The AAA tow truck transports the vehicle and driver home or somewhere safe within 10 miles
- Tow trucks can usually transport up to two people. If there are more people in your party, you will need to make other arrangements to get them home safely.
- You can’t make an appointment to use Tow to Go . It is designed as a safety net for those that did not plan ahead. Always choose a Designated Driver before you have your first drink.
- In some situations, AAA may need to make other arrangements to get an impaired individual a safe ride home.
- Tow to Go may not be available in rural areas or during severe weather conditions.