Florida's recap – Highlights from around the state
Bottom Line: Your daily recap of the some of the notable developments from Florida’s session and news from around the state...
In the biggest day of the state session this year 10 bills were passed by the state and advanced to Governor DeSantis. They are...
- Police, Fire, and Search and Rescue Dogs and Police Horses(would make killing one of these animals a 2nd degree felony)
- Dependent Children(authorizing a court to receive and consider any information provided by the Guardian Ad Litem Program and the child’s attorney ad litem if a child is under the jurisdiction of a dependency court, etc.)
- Aging Programs(Transferring the powers, duties, and functions of the Department of Elderly Affairs relating to hospices, assisted living facilities, adult family-care homes, and adult day care centers to the Agency for Health Care Administration)
- Public Records/Civilian Personnel Employed by a Law Enforcement Agency(Expanding exemptions from public records requirements for agency personnel information by defining the term “home addresses” for purposes of public records exemptions for personal identifying and location information of certain agency personnel and their family members)
- Uniform Interstate Depositions and Discovery Act(requiring a party to submit a foreign subpoena to a clerk of court in this state for the issuance of a subpoena in this state; requiring the clerk of court to promptly issue a subpoena for service upon the person to whom the foreign subpoena is directed; requiring that the service of the subpoena be served in compliance with the laws of this state and the Florida Rules of Civil Procedure, etc.)
- Vaping(prohibiting vaping in an enclosed indoor workplace, except as otherwise provided)
- Government Accountability(Specifying that any person who willfully fails or refuses to provide access to an employee, officer, or agent of an entity under audit is subject to a penalty; revising the definition of the term “financial audit”; requiring each school district, Florida College System institution, and state university to establish and maintain certain internal controls, etc.)
- Automated License Plate Recognition System(Provides a public records exemption for certain images and data obtainedthrough the use ofan automated license plate recognition system and for personal identifying information of an individual in data generated from such images)
- Payment of Toll on Toll Facilities/Identifying Information(Amending a specified provision which provides an exemption from public records requirements for personal identifying information held by the Department of Transportation, a county, a municipality, or an expressway authority for certain purposes; deleting the scheduled repeal of the exemption, etc.)
- Termination of the Working Capital Trust Fund within the Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles (Terminating the Working Capital Trust Fund within the Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles; providing for the transfer of balances in and revenues of the trust fund; repealing provisions which saved the trust fund from termination, etc.)