Florida's recap – Highlights from around the state - April 24th
Bottom Line: Your daily recap of the some of the notable developments from Florida’s session and news from around the state...
- Florida Supreme Court Ruled in favor of Governor Ron DeSantis suspending former Broward Sheriff Scott Israel from office
- The Florida Senate voted to make college hazing a 3rd degree felony – The House is set to take it up
- The Senate voted to expand the Guardian program to include eligibility for classroom teachers – it has an unclear path in the House
- The Senate voted for mandatory cancer healthcare coverage for firefighters – it's on track to pass in the House as well
- Texting while driving as a primary offense passed Florida’s House and is ready for the state Senate vote