Florida's recap – Highlights from around the state
Bottom Line: Your daily recap of the some of the notable developments from Florida’s session and news from around the state...
- A bill that’d require all public institutions in the state to adopt the State Department definition of anti-Semitism passed the full House a day after the Democratic leader in the Senate voted against it. There are still two committees for the bill to clear in the state Senate
- A bill that’d enable Medicaid recipients to use ride sharing services for non-emergency medical care passed the House. It has one more Senate committee to clear
- The House approved the bill enabling pharmacists to test and treat cold and flu symptoms but the Senate still hasn’t acted on it. It’s unclear if it’ll make it through this session
- The police K-9 bill that’d make killing police K-9's a 2nd degree felony passed the state legislature and is heading to Gov. DeSantis to sign
- The full House voted to ban the use of DNA information being used by insurance companies – there are slight differences to work out with the Senate version but it appears likely to pass