Florida's recap – Highlights from around the state
Bottom Line: Your daily recap of the some of the notable developments from Florida’s session and news from around the state...
- Governor Ron DeSantis signed off on allowing eight new licenses for medical marijuana nurseries in the largest expansion of the program in the state to date
- The Senate voted to advance the expansion of the Guardian Program with the ability for teachers to participate in school districts that opt in – it heads to a full vote in the Senate
- Parental consent for abortions passed the in the full House on a 69-44 vote – however the bill hasn’t been taken up in the Senate
- The Senate’s “sanctuary cities” bill cleared its final committee on a 9-8 vote. The House and Senate versions are ready for full votes. This version would require complete compliance with ICE by all local governments or the state could proceed with action against those governments
- The bill that’d make texting while driving a primary offence passed its final Senate committee and heads to the full floor for a vote making it likely it will be passed in this year’s session