Life doesn’t get any better than in South(west) Florida
Bottom Line: Life is short so living well is a great thing. There’s a good chance that the reason you’re in South Florida is because you want to be able to enjoy what it has to offer. The folks at Gallup study well-being five different ways.
- Career: liking what you do each day and being motivated to achieve your goals
- Social: having supportive relationships and love in your life
- Financial: managing your economic life to reduce stress and increase security
- Community: liking where you live, feeling safe and having pride in your community
- Physical: having good health and enough energy to get things done daily
Putting all of those together creates one big well-being score. And when Gallup studied across the country – Florida’s well represented with one South Florida destination topping the list for the fourth straight year. Here are Florida’s top communities with their ranking nationally.
- #11 Ft. Pierce
- #9 Bradenton/Sarasota
- #6 Cape Coral/Ft. Myers
- #1 Naples/Marco
Florida’s well represented but you’ll notice a trend. Save Ft. Pierce – it's all on the other coast. In fact, if you start south of Tampa – life’s great and only gets better as you head south down the south west coast of Florida. Seeing Naples at the top of the list reminds me of my parents, who are retired in Naples. They moved to Savannah in the 90’s with the intent of retiring there. When my sister moved to Naples in the late 90’s and they went to visit – they moved there less than a year later, and the rest has been history. And why not – for years life’s been about as good as it can be for them and folks in Naples generally.