Florida's recap – Highlights from around the state – June 4th
Bottom Line: Your daily recap of the some of the biggest news from around the state that impacts you in South Florida.
- A legal challenge to last year’s statewide ban on greyhound racing is about to be filed by organization “Overturn 13”. Their argument is that the industry was denied due process
- The proposed Constitutional Amendment to expand Medicaid coverage in Florida has cleared the mandatory signature requirement for consideration by the Florida Supreme Court. If the court approves the language it’ll be on the 2020 ballot
- The disaster relief bill passed the US House of Representatives and goes to President Trump to sign into law. This includes the disaster relief funding for the Panhandle and Puerto Rico
- Florida released a new app to combat price gouging. It’s the NO SCAM app which allows you to share info, including pics, of perceived price gouging directly to the state in times of emergency
- The U.S. Transportation Department announced $60 million to complete the project to raise the Tamiami Trail to improve Everglades water flow