Florida News that impacts you – October 5th
Bottom Line: Your daily recap of the some of the biggest news from around the state that impacts you in South Florida.
- Today is the voter registration deadline for participation in November 3rd's general election. Early voting will begin two weeks from today on October 19th. Already 350,000+ ballots have been voted by mail.
- The first known voter fraud attempt for the general election cycle has been thwarted. The Manatee County Sheriff’s Office arrested 62-year-old Larry Wiggins, a registered Democrat, who requested an absentee ballot for his deceased wife. Upon his arrest he stated he was trying to “test” the system.
- Florida’s weekly average COVID-19 count dropped by an average of 129 new daily cases over the past week. Florida is averaging the fewest daily cases in over three months. This as...
- The largest school district in Florida and third largest nationally, the Miami-Dade School District, is offering classroom education options starting today. Broward, the last district in the state to offer in-person public education, will begin on Friday.
- Joe Biden is coming to South Florida today with campaign stops in Little Haiti and Little Havana today followed by a town hall at the Perez Art Museum which will be broadcast on NBC at 8pm.