Florida News that impacts you – October 13th
Bottom Line: Your daily recap of the some of the biggest news from around the state that impacts you in South Florida.
- Joe Biden is making stops in Pembroke Pines and Miramar today. The first stop is a speech addressing older Floridians while the second is a get-out-the-vote campaign stop.
- Carnival Cruise Line announced its canceling all November cruises. The cruise line had held open the possibility to sail out of Port Canaveral and Port Miami starting in November upon the expiration of the no-sail order by the CDC, however the company decided to table all operations for at least another month.
- The 2021 Miami Marathon and Half Marathon have been canceled due to the pandemic.
- The 31-year old California man recently bitten by a black tip shark off South Beach said he was looking forward to body surfing with schools of fish – not realizing they may attract sharks – including the black tip which bit him. Incidentally a Hammerhead – which feed on blacktips - was spotted Monday near South Beach.
- Jacksonville based Winn-Dixie is opening four new stores in Florida on November 11th, including a location on West Boynton Beach Blvd. The openings will lead to approximately 350 jobs being added.