Battleground Polling Bombshells
Bottom Line: Polling, especially in off years, is worth what you paid for it. On occasion, however, there are real tells. If the first five months of the Biden administration have felt like 15 to you...if you find yourself praying for Joe Manchin to save the republic regularly...if you think there’s a better chance an illegal border crosser will meet up with Kamala Harris in D.C. than at the southern border...if you’re pretty clear that there are only two genders and if like me, the only way you’ve maintained your sanity thus far is by waking up in the free state of Florida where life still makes sense... This one’s for you.
Senator Rick Scott’s Battleground polling found that you’re solidly in the majority on all of your concerns. Consider these issues:
- Critical Race Theory – 68% are opposed including 76% of independents
- Biden Leadership – 57% say too weak
- On the border crisis – 56% blame Joe Biden
- On extended unemployment benefits – 62% say they should be ended
- On inflation 51% blame Joe Biden
- On federal spending only 39% agree with Joe Biden (including on infrastructure)
- 54% of Americans view the Democrat party unfavorably
- The Republican party’s net favorability is 12-points above Democrats
- Joe Biden’s approval rating is only 47% overall and 44% with independents
It’s like this... Already most Americans are as fed up with Democrats as you are. What we’re seeing at this temperature check is an overwhelming message by the electorate. They don’t agree with the Biden administration or the Democrat Party on any key issue currently. And it’s not really close. And finally, on the question of a generic ballot, Republicans are showing a 6-point advantage - a 13-point swing from polling last election day. Additionally, Governor DeSantis is solidly on the right side of all of these issues which helps explain why his national profile grows by the day.