Florida News That Impacts You – November 4th, 2021
Bottom Line: Your daily recap of the some of the biggest news from around the state that impacts you in South Florida.
- It’s not your imagination, robocalls really are as bad as ever. According to the Robocall Index, which measures the volume of “spam” calls, robocalls are up by over 450 million compared to last year. South Florida remains the most targeted part of the country by spammers. AG Ashley Moody is calling on the FCC to step up enforcement action against spammers.
- The Palm Beach County School District has announced the current school mask mandate policy without a parental optout, in violation of state law, will be dropped as of November 15th. Related...
- Florida’s positive COVID-19 trend continued on Wednesday as 1,804 new cases were reported. That helped drop Florida’s weekly trend for daily cases to 1,704 – the lowest since June 25th. Related...
- 36 fewer Floridians are hospitalized with COVID-19 entering today. With 1,865 people currently hospitalized with the virus statewide, it’s the lowest total since June 29th.
- Governor DeSantis has announced a proposal for the state legislature to consider in the upcoming session which would create a state office to investigate election irregularities and potential crimes.